About Doug McCorkle
Doug has over 28 years of CFO/Controller experience with small to medium size companies. He has worked for both privately held and public companies. He has demonstrated success at growing revenues, streamlining costs and creating efficiencies. He has experience and expertise in brand building, financial reporting, profitability planning and analysis, cash flow, systems and process implementation as well as serving as change agent.
Most recently before joining B2B CFO® in 2005 he was CFO and on the Board of Directors at a small privately owned winery, Barefoot Cellars, for 7 years. They grew rapidly with his help and were acquired by the E & J Gallo Winery. He created flexible annual and 5 year plans to manage their explosive growth and maintain profitability while reinvesting profits to leverage additional growth. This was critical to their success and ultimate acquisition.
He also has experience with service industries, manufacturing and direct selling companies. He enjoys strategic profit planning and analysis and has created many profit analysis reports, including profit by SKU, profit by territory, and profit by regional manager reports. Doug has a financial view of operations but also has a great overall general business sense. He understands what it takes for a small to medium business to thrive and prosper.
He has implemented cost accounting, general accounting systems and software installations/conversions. He has successfully negotiated with the IRS regarding inventory and tax issues and has uncovered embezzlement in a retail operation. Doug has also successfully negotiated lines of credit with bankers, has overseen construction of office expansion and negotiated new office leases. In the past he has been responsible for HR functions as well as the Computer operations.
Doug has been married to Amy, his wife for over 25 years. His wife has a small business of her own. She is a millinery artist and makes and sells hats. They have a son and a daughter, both in college.
- California State University at Long Beach
- UC Irvine
- Sebastopol Chamber of Commerce
- Triple Bottom Line Alliance
Articles by Doug McCorkle
- Game Plans and the Big Game
- Gross Margin
- Due Diligence
- Business Owners are Exiting Their Businesses
- Moody’s Forecast for Sonoma County
- Cloud Computing Class in Sebastopol
- Hot Off the SEP Press
- Sebastopol Candidates Forum Tonight
- Sebastopol Entrepreneurs Project Event
- Sebastopol Entreprenuers Project Anniversary & Showcase
- B2B CFO in CFO Magazine May 2011
- 2010-2011 County of Sonoma: Local Economic Report
- Minerva Project – Giving Back to Non Profits
- Do you want to start a food business?
- About Santa Rosa