About Colin Funk
Colin is a well-rounded, accomplished, seasoned business executive & CPA. He has extensive experience in private and public accounting, finance, budgeting, taxes, technology, manufacturing, sales & marketing, employee benefits, capital acquisition and contract negotiations. Having worked in public & private organizations from $5M to $30B in revenue, Colin has developed the skills necessary to lead organizations to success. He now employs his skills to assist other dynamic organizations in achieving success by helping the business leadership set goals and create a clear plan for execution.
Colin approaches each client with the highest morals and ethics and has regularly exceeded expectations. Colin is a continuous improvement thinker who challenges the norm to pursue excellence. Colin specializes in financial, operational and technology reviews that drive improved performance, increased efficiencies and greater profitability.
Colin especially likes to employ business analytics across an organization to close the gap between data and profits. Colin started his professional career in 1986 and has held key positions in public accounting, corporate accounting and finance, operations, sales and marketing, and technology. Experience in agro-chemical manufacturing and distribution, plastic manufacturing, chemical manufacturing and the wine industry from field to bottle are just a few of his industry experiences.
Colin can assist businesses in the following areas:
- Exit strategies
- Succession planning
- Product line profitability / margin analysis
- Cash flow management
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Expansion strategy
- Bank financing
- Business analytics, models and KPI’s
- Timely financial reporting
- Software assessments to include ERP and WMS selection
- Technology reviews to include hardware, disaster recovery, SAAS services and security
- Operational reviews to include throughput, cycle time and bottleneck assessments
- Train accounting and finance staff to achieve excellence
- Mergers and acquisitions strategy
Colin graduated with honors from the University of Akron, Ohio with a Bachelors degree in Accounting in 1985 then passed the Ohio CPA exam in 1988. Colin has continued his training by attaining a CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant) designation demonstrating his proficiency in management accounting.
Colin resides in Modesto, CA with his 2 school age daughters who manage to keep his social calendar active in their pursuit of fun. Colin also enjoys golfing, camping, wine tasting and attending church.
- University of Akron, Ohio
Certificates & Licenses:
- BS Accounting ’85, CPA ’88, CGMA ’12
- Ohio Society of CPA’s
- American Institute of CPA’s
- Chartered Global Management Accountants
Articles by Colin Funk
- FAITH…Do you need it to be successful in business these days?
- Business Ethics – HONESTY…Does it still exist?
- Are There Skeletons In Your Closet
- The Coming Small Business Exodus
- Need More Cash?
- How To Get Cash WITHOUT Going To The Bank
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Announces Alliance With B2B CFO
- COMMITMENT…Why is it important?
- INTEGRITY…What is it good for